DESTINATION DESCRIPTION JEZERA
Jezera is situated on the southeast of the island Murter in the bay well protected from the wind and surrounded by picturesque hills. The old center of Jezera is located in the central part of the bay. The real center of Jezera is situated directly on the sea, along the coastal promenade, adorned with small gardens with Mediterranean herbs. There are ralso estaurants, bars, shops and other facilities that Jezera provide, as well as a fully equipped modern marina. The center of Jezera is often a lively during summer period because of the several festivities and concerts held at that period. The old part of town (the old center), full of stone houses and courtyards with fig, almond and mulberry trees, is located a few hundred meters above the bay, in the vicinity of fields that used to feed inhabitants of Jezera. That fields are a symbol of Jezera, because on it in autumn heavy rains create two large lakes that, from which the whole village got its name (Jezera-Lakes). Jezera has two beaches that are located near to the village, on village boarders. A long and wide pebbly beach Lučica is the most popular beach in Jezera and it is situated on the southwest coast. Zaratić is a rocky beach located in the shade of pine trees on the northeast coast of Jezera. Southwest of the beach Lučica is situated a number of beautiful natural bays reachable by country roads, by car or on foot: Kamenčine, Gušćica, Nozdra, Potripica, Vrti luka, Sv Nikola, Koromašna, Pod Jasenovac... For those who prefer the beach with a lot of facilities over natural bays we recommend beach Lovišća, is located west of the entrance to the village Jezera. This beach is a part of the camping site but the entrance is open to all guests. Beach is clean and has a lot of facilities, so that you can hire deck chairs, pedal boats, enjoy the aquapark, or try your hand at tennis. Accommodation in Jezera is offered in quality apartments which are located throughout the village. Use our "Guide for selecting location of apartment" and get to know the advantages of certain locations in Jezera and find the one that is perfect for you and your family. We want to facilitate the selection and make it entertaining, but we advise you not to bother too much with the location because Jezera is a small and relaxed place where everything is so close that if you choose an apartment that you like, no matter of the location, you certainly will not go wrong.
- Swimming at one of the beautiful beaches in Jezera - Zaratić , Lučica, Kamenčine, Gušćica, Vrtiluka, Sv Nikola, Koromašna, Pod Jasenovac…
- Visiting the old part of Jezera - Selo
- Going to one of the sightseeing spots - hills Kružak and Čvrdak
- Renting a boat and explore the islands and bays near Jezera – Školjić, Borovnik, Ljutac, Bisaga ...
- Going on an excursion to the National Park Kornati from Murter
- Eating dinner at one of the excellent fish restaurants - Kandela, Leut, Carevi dvori, Modro oko ...
- Touring Jezeras surrounding by country roads that lead to the hidden beaches and beautiful nature and discover some interesting locations (lakes of Jezera, cairns Pudarica, Sv. Rok church, farm of horses and donkeys near the puddle Blato, a peninsula Murtarić ...)