DESTINATION DESCRIPTION BETINA
Betina is situated around Artić peninsula on the north coast of the island Murter. The old part of the village called Dolac with its stone houses and streets rises from the sea and the harbor all the way to the church on the hill. Over time Betina has spread to the northwest and settled a sandy bay called Zdrače, situated minutes from the village Murter, while to the northeast it has spread along the coast to the bay Plitka Vala situated towards village Tisno. On the mainland villages of Betina and Murter are partially divided with the large field that was once nourished its inhabitants, who even today are engaged in agriculture, and shipbuilding. To their field and agricultural tradition the inhabitants of Betina have dedicated the festivity called "Day of Betina tomatoes" which is held on the last Saturday in July. Tomatoes planted in a still sun drenched Betina field ripe with specifically full flavor and they are worth to be included on your menu while you're on vacation in Betina. Yet, "Day of Betina tomatoes" is not the biggest festivity in Betina. The entire island feast with Betina on the first Saturday in August when "Dan brganje" is held, a festivity in honor of the shell which has been caught in channel of Betina with a special tool called brganja.
The center of Betina lives peacefully. Several restaurants and cafes, promenade with bridges that connect little quays create the atmosphere of harmony and walking is that you'll be thinking about that life in the Mediterranean certainly once looked like this. The peaceful harmony continues to the beaches of Betina which are located in the village. The beaches are sandy and pebbly and never crowded. Beautiful natural bay Kosirina is situated approximately 1, 5 km from Betina, and you can reach it on foot using an old, to traffic partially closed road situated along the coast. They are no hotels in Betina but accommodation can be easily find in one of the apartments. We can offer you apartments at all locations in Betina, and in our offer we have a couple of villas with swimming pool. Please consult our "Guide for selecting location of apartment" to get better acquainted with some interesting locations in Betina and select the one that suits your needs the best.
- Swimming at some of the beaches of Betina - Zdrače, Bilave, Plitka Vala, Kosirina
- Walking down the narrow alleys of the old Betina called Dolac
- Going up to one of the sightseeing spots - St. Rok or Gradina
- Renting a boat and visit the small island Sustipanac situated near Betina
- Going on a excursion to the National Park Kornati
- Tasting the Betina tomato
- Visiting the wood shipyard and see how the old masters make boats.
- Eating dinner at one of the restaurants - Trabakul, Marinero, Stari Mlin
- Cycling along an old, to traffic partially closed road which goes from Betina to the village of Tisno